Jobs/Full Stack Software Engineer
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$50 per hour***
New South Wales
This position will see you working as a full stack developer within a software engineering team, working on projects in the transport and data city domains, and leveraging the innovation and research talent of the Transport Analytics group. You will have the opportunity to contribute to some interesting streaming IoT modelling projects, including the development of analytics web dashboard applications and data platform components. We are seeking a strong full stack developer, with modern front-end web technology experience, and preferably with time-series big data and/or streaming data experience. The right candidate should have a passion for sharing, learning and contributing to a healthy software engineering culture.
- Solid engineering and software development skills, with experience writing scalable, high performance, production quality code;
- Proficient and experienced in front end development, especially within web applications using modern technologies, e.g. node.js, VueJS, Angular, React, ngrx/store;
- Proficient in back end development, using for example Python, Java, Scala or equivalent;
- Experience with REST API design and development, preferably using Spring Boot framework;
- Experience with real-time and historical time-series data visualisation.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly prototype web applications, improve and respond to feedback with agility;
- Proficient in visualising data on web applications, using a wide range of charts, maps or animations;
- Experience in data processing, particularly with streaming and big data tools, e.g. PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Flink, Hadoop on back end and WebSockets and Web Workers on front end;
- Working knowledge of security best-practices and their usage in web applications;
- Understand software development life cycles and have experience in designing, building, testing and delivering reusable and extensible commercial products.
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate