Jobs/Full Stack Software Engineer
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment is seeking a number of Full Stack Software Engineers to assist with a number of different bodies of work being undertaken by the Department.
Specifically, the Department is seeking someone with the following skillsets/experience:
- You have backend development using web API and SQL technologies.
- A solid understanding of software development principles using any language or toolset but preferably C#, Vue and TypeScript.
- Automation of builds, tests and deployments.
- Independence, motivation and timely production of high-quality work.
- Solid communication between you and your team.
- A collaborative, problem solving attitude.
- Passion, pragmatism and empathy.
What you'll get from the Department of Education, Skills and Employment:
Join us and you'll be working with the latest technology to build products that make a difference. You'll also get to work in a fun, collaborative and productive team. We think we’re one of the best and atypical Government IT teams around. You’ll be supported in your exploration of new ideas and novel ways to deliver our broad scope of work.
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, maintainable and scalable code following Departmental standards and practices
- Work collaboratively with team members
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Improve and maintain existing software
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
Experience developing and delivering public facing web applications utilising established development tools, guidelines and conventions including the following technologies:
- ASP.NET MVC / .NET Core
- Reactive frontend frameworks including React, Vue or Angular
- CSS frameworks including Bootstrap
- Microsoft Web API / REST Architecture
- SQL / Entity Framework
- CI/CD Practices
- Experience with PowerShell automation
- Experience with TFS
- Experience with concurrent development source control (Git)
- Solution Design Patterns and Best Practices, e.g. SOA
- Unit / Automated UI testing
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodologies.
Must have current baseline clearance
Possibility of 1 year extension
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate