Jobs/FullCAM Project Manager
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$150 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
The Department is looking for an experienced project manager to implement the Full Carbon Accounting Model (FullCAM) software development work plan.
FullCAM is a complex ecosystem model that estimates greenhouse gas emissions from the land sector. Results from this system are used to produce annual emissions estimates as part of Australia’s National Inventory Report.
- Ability to manage large, complex software application projects such as Full Carbon Accounting Model (FullCAM)
- Ability to develop detailed work plans, identify task inter-dependencies, project documentation, use of appropriate planning tools, experience with JIRA, and software deployment to internal and external users
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues to ensure timely completion of project timelines, including reporting of work progress to senior managers
- Excellent technical, analytical, inter-personal, communication skills enabling identification and mitigation of key risks to the project, including obtaining support from key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience (more than 5 years) in managing software development projects and business applications
- Previous experience in software development or working knowledge of C++ and C# to be able to guide the developers at a technical level
- Background knowledge in forestry, cropping and grazing landscapes would be beneficial
- Experience in big data analysis and scientific computing would be a bonus
Must have current baseline clearance
2 x 12 months
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate