Geospatial Full Stack Developer
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
Geoscience Australia’s Digital Earth Australia (DEA) program delivers a unique capability to process, interrogate and present Earth observation satellite data in response to resource and environmental management issues.
- Have a Tertiary qualification in information technology or equivalent industry experience
- Expertise with Python and/or similar programming languages
- Experience with source control management and related processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Working knowledge of AWS and infrastructure as code Experience in delivering and maintaining operational software
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Demonstrated ability to work proficiently in a Linux-based environment and in a range of computing platforms including AWS.
- Have the ability to work collaboratively and operate effectively in a small team environment that has significant and diverse demands on their time.
- Demonstrate understanding and experience in modern software development practices such as Dev-Ops and Agile.
- Strong understanding of software architecture patterns and team development tools and practices.
- Experience using Kubernetes
- Experience with containerisation technologies including Docker
Australian Police Check
Contract extensions are available