Jobs/Geospatial Full Stack Developer
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Geoscience Australia’s Digital Earth Australia (DEA) program delivers a unique capability to process, interrogate and present Earth observation satellite data in response to resource and environmental management issues.
Working within the DEA team you will engage with software developers, cloud engineers and Earth observation scientists to:
- Develop and apply scalable satellite data science workflows for the DEA program;
- Automate deployment, scaling and management of containerized scientific applications in a cloud computing environment;
- Use your expertise in AWS to implement Near Real Time satellite data pipelines;
- Help develop and maintain the Open Data Cube;
- Help scale scientific workflows to deliver robust, operational products;
- Develop and contribute to maintainable and well documented code;
- Help build and run cloud native solutions;
- Provide technical advice to software engineers, data scientists and executive stakeholders via Slack, Github, email and formal documentation;
- Join program-wide coordination ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, three-week sprints and program increment planning;
- Engage with the open source community.
- Have a Tertiary qualification in information technology or equivalent industry experience
- Expertise with Python and/or similar programming languages
- Experience with source control management and related processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Working knowledge of AWS and infrastructure as code Experience in delivering and maintaining operational software
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Demonstrated ability to work proficiently in a Linux-based environment and in a range of computing platforms including AWS.
- Have the ability to work collaboratively and operate effectively in a small team environment that has significant and diverse demands on their time.
- Demonstrate understanding and experience in modern software development practices such as Dev-Ops and Agile.
- Strong understanding of software architecture patterns and team development tools and practices.
- Experience using Kubernetes
- Experience with containerisation technologies including Docker
Australian Police Check
Contract extensions are available
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate