Jobs/Governance and Assurance Officer
Agency / Department
Department of Defence
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$75 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
This role is within the Joint Command and Control (JC2) Systems Program Office (SPO) Program Support Management (PSM) team.
Reporting to the JC2 SPO Business Manager, the Governance and Assurance Officer will be responsible for the coordination and management of Branch and Divisional tasking for the SPO. This role will also be responsible for the update and maintenance of documentation and artefacts within the Business and Quality Management systems, resulting from the reorganisation and transition into the new JC2 SPO.
- Perform complex governance activities, documentation reviews, update and maintenance, and quality assurance checks.
- Monitor and report on governance compliance in accordance with Defence policy.
- Work collaboratively in a team based environment actively participating in and contributing to team meetings and exchanging information to support the work area and team objectives.
- Build and sustain relationships with team members, stakeholders and actively participate in team work and group activities.
- Seek clarity and understand the reasons for decisions and recommendations and explain to others how they are relevant to the work being undertaken.
- Assess and prioritise governance activities and tasks and progress work to meet business objectives, recommend solutions for issues impacting on the achievement of desired outcomes and seek advice and guidance on more complex issues to achieve business objectives.
- Provide administrative support to the SPO, including but not limited to event management, facilities support and secretariat roles.
- Lead coordinator for Branch tasks and requests for information.
- Experience/skills in managing and coordinating corporate performance and reporting tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Takes responsibility for managing work projects to achieve results
- Ability to work with limited guidance and demonstrates initiative
- Previous expereince in Defence
must have a current NV1 clearance
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate