Jobs/ICT Infrastructure Engineer
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$70 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The role is responsible for undertaking work that is moderately complex to complex and/or sensitive in nature, under limited direction, utilising expertise and knowledge in the area of infrastructure engineering.
Key position responsibilities
- Maintain and enforce security and integrity controls and establish and undertake preventive maintenance of backups and recovery procedures.
- Implement and administer system documentation, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Have responsibility for establishing and maintaining the processes, procedures and operational management associated with system security and disaster recovery planning.
- Troubleshoot and provide service support to diagnose, resolve and repair server-related hardware and software malfunctions, including in relation to workstations and communication infrastructure.
- Prepare and maintain documentation, policies and instructions, and record and detail operational procedures and system logs.
- Provide analysis of complex issues and contribute to the management, preparation and coordination of policy formulation and/or project management.
- Develop and support key internal and external relationships, including managing stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals. In addition, represent the agency by promoting its interests in various forums.
- Provide accurate specialist advice, guidance and reporting on team functional responsibilities.
- Make and communicate decisions using good judgement, expertise and knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and procedures.
- Contribute to doctrine, election preparation and delivery activities in accordance with the election readiness framework, according to individual accountabilities and responsibilities.
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time.
Key organisational accountabilities
Adherence to the:
- APS Values and Code of Conduct;
- EC Values and Commitments; and
- Ballot Paper Principles.
Maintain currency and validity of essential qualifications, which may include mandatory continuing professional development.
Complete learning and development relevant to role or classification as a required or directed, from time to time.
Be familiar with, abide by and promote all AEC work health and safety frameworks, policies and procedures, including but not limited to:
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing Policy;
- WHS Due Diligence Framework;
- Fatigue Management and Prevention Policy; and
- Rehabilitation management system (RMS).
Abide by and promote the:
- Commonwealth Resource Management Framework and Procurement Framework; and
- AEC related frameworks, instructions, policies and procedures.
- Must have active NEGATIVE VETTING 1 CLEARANCE
- Experience in planning, developing, installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and supporting an operating system and associated server hardware, software and databases ensuring optimum system integrity, security, backup and performance.
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide service support in diagnosing, resolving and repairing server-related hardware and software malfunctions, encompassing workstations and communication infrastructure.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining documentation, policies and instructions, and recording and detailing operational procedures and system logs.
- Knowledge and experience in successfully setting priorities and delivering quality results on time and on budget.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations across a geographically dispersed network.
- Proven analytical abilities with the ability to propose and facilitate change and contribute to business improvement strategies.
- Demonstrated personal integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and policy parameters.
- AEC employees must be Australian citizens.
- Any person who is, and seen to be active in political affairs, and intends to publicly carry on this activity, may compromise the strict neutrality of the AEC and cannot be considered
- Applicants are required to consent to, undergo, obtain and maintain a character clearance.
- Applicants are required to consent to, undergo, obtain and maintain the security clearance required for this role.
- A relevant bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate