ICT System/Business Analyst – Multiple positions
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment seeks experienced ICT System/Business Analysts. The Branch is responsible for providing a wide range of digital services to support the business and operating environment of the department.
As a ICT Systems/Business Analyst, you will be responsible for evaluating the processes and methods used in existing, potential or developing ICT systems. You will analyse and define software requirements and work closely with UX and policy to guide design and development.
You will also be required to conduct investigations, undertake specialist or technical research and analysis activities, or provide professional advice within an area of specialisation based on systems knowledge, policy and legislation.
• Provide analysis/insight for a complex system landscape and lead a stream of work to identify detailed requirements, gaps, risks and issues.
• Create high quality documentation such as high level and detailed requirements, business process maps, user stories and specifications etc;
• Map current and future state business processes;
• Lead consultation with internal and external stakeholders;
• Provide assistance in the planning and management of user acceptance activities;
• Support the projects undertaken by the business area in line with the DTA processes
1. Demonstrate your experience working on transformational projects as an ICT Systems/Business Analyst..
2. Detail your experience working in Agile environment to develop requirements artefacts for complex IT systems.
3. Explain your experience working with complex IT systems, including a sound understanding of system interoperability, database structures and data flows between systems.
4. Tell us about a professional contribution you have made to a product, software solution or service of which you are proud.
5. Detail your ability to communicate effectively and translate between business and technical terminology, including the ability to negotiate outcomes and manage complex stakeholder relationships.
1. Understanding the business context of the Department of Education, Skills and Employment environment.
2. Previous experience in a Government agency is highly desired.
3. Experience using Azure DevOps for Agile Methodology.
Ability to Obtain baseline clearance
2 X 12 MONTHS Subject to funds availability and delegate approval