Jobs/Information Architect/ Interaction Designer
Agency / Department
Organ and Tissue Authority
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$125 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Organ and Tissue Authority (OTA) is looking for a digital expert in interaction design and information architecture who can work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team to support the successful delivery of improvements to our campaign website donatelife.gov.au.
We’re a small Commonwealth agency who works in close collaboration with states and territories, health clinicians and the community to improve the rates of organ and tissue donation in Australia, and give more people access to life-saving transplants.
We do this by running a national program that implements a world’s best practice approach to coordinating organ and tissue donation for transplantation, by:
- Icreasing the capability and capacity within the health system to maximise donation rates
- Raising community awareness and stakeholder engagement across Australia to promote organ and tissue donation.
We’re standing up a multidisciplinary project team within the Community Engagement Team to make user-focused content and design improvements to our website. The small team will include developers, content specialists and subject matter experts – with direct access to stakeholders and community groups where required.
You are a proactive, creative, passionate and results driven individual who can think laterally and is capable of producing user-centred digital solutions to the highest standard.
You will utilise your skills in user research, digital content and information design to identify user needs and reorganise, structure and label content on the DonateLife website in an effective and sustainable way. Your experience working against the Digital Service Standard will be highly valued.
You’ll be a self-starter with a flexible and adaptable approach to your workload, able to provide support and guidance to colleagues to develop digital capability within the team.
- Expert understanding of IA, UX and UI principles with minimum +5 years professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in delivering successful IA designs, and practical and scalable service design solutions for a growing Commonwealth government website
- Ability to leverage creative, data, research and collaboration to create meaningful digital experiences for website users
- Ability to run research and service design experiments to identify user and stakeholder needs, and demonstrate how IA decisions support these needs
- Ability to analyse existing and planned content and develop an IA strategy that meets users needs and drive design outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to ensure IA designs are WCAG accessible, flexible and scalable and can be used to deliver successful community awareness campaigns.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas to a large group of cross functional stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in developing digital artefacts, working collaboratively with developers to produce digital design tools including low and high fidelity prototypes to test interactions
- Experience working with subject matter experts to understand business needs
- Strong understanding of plain English and content design
- Experience using Drupal CMS, HTML standard and CSS/SASS
- Solid command of contemporary interaction patterns, UI design principles and web accessibility principles
- Experience working with government organisations
- Knowledge of the methodology used by the Australian government, in particular the Digital Service Standard
Extensions may be considered for a maximum of 6 months
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate