Jobs/Information Management Officer
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$55 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Information Management Officer has an important role in the ongoing support for digital recordkeeping in the department and the administration of the recordkeeping system. The position also assists with the management of the department’s paper files and the delivery of training in the use of HPE Content Manager 9 to manage digital records.
As an Information Management Officer, the position will undertake the following activities:
- Provide help desk support to staff on digital and paper records management, including incident management for HPE Content Manager 9.
- Perform administration duties in the records management system, HPE Content Manager 9:
- create and de-activate user accounts
- routine maintenance tasks to maintain the integrity of the system
- import/export records o process paper file creations, file requests and movements
- quality assurance of record metadata and classification of records
- Perform paper file audits and conduct census activities
- Prepare records for transportation to and from offsite storage facilities, vendors and National Archives
- Digitise paper records, including the sentencing and destruction of paper files using NAA and agency specific records authorities
- Assist with the delivery of training to departmental staff on the use of HPE Content Manager 9 and development of training materials.
- Develop records management help cards for review and publication
- Run statistical reports on recordkeeping usage and training
- Promote and demonstrate the principles and practices of Equity and Diversity, WH&S and adhere to the APS Values and Code of Conduct.
- Whilst keeping the ‘Environment’ and ‘The Job’ in mind, please tell us in no more than two pages how your skills and experience are relevant to the advertised role.
- The candidate should have demonstrated experience in a records management role or qualifications in information and records management or related discipline.
- Applicants will be required to display initiative, personal drive and commitment to delivering outcomes in a large organisation or government department. Candidates should be highly motivated with a strong focus on customer service and well developed communication and presentation skills.
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Two x 12 month extension options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate