Jobs/Infrastructure Solution Architect - Virtualisation
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Defence Science & Technology Group (DSTG)
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$150 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
We require an experienced, pro-active and versatile Infrastructure Solution Architect specialising in Virtualisation to work with a project team. Deliverables comprise High Level Solution Approaches and Solution Detailed Designs that support completion of a series of significant and complex network redesign projects.
The Infrastructure Solution Architect (Virtualisation) will work with the Project Manager, Principal Architect, Vendor and internal SMEs to deliver high quality artefacts that align with reference architecture, build team and user requirements. This role may also be responsible for developing reference artefacts for other parts of DST.
- Previous experience in Virtualised Network design using technology such as VMWare, Docker, Kubernetes
- Hands on physical infrastructure architecture experience including iPaaS, Gateways, and related technologies (firewalls, API gateways etc.)
- General understanding and awareness of computation and data analytics platforms, directory services, protected network design and cybersecurity (eg. ISM, IRAP, ASD Essential 8, PSPF)
- Experience with network design, virtualisation, capacity and performance planning for a Federal Government agency
- Exposure to Midrange and High Performance Computing computational and data analytics platforms
- Directory, identity and access management services (eg. Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP, Azure Active Directory, ADFS, SAML, OAuth, MFA, etc )
- Experience with deployable networks and related technologies
Must have current negative vetting level 1 clearance
One x 6 month extension option
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate