Agency / Department
Digital Transformation Agency
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The expected start date advertised is incorrect. The successful candidate is expected to start on or as close as possible to 30 November 2020, not 12 January 2021 as indicated below.
This specialist interaction designer role will design world-class digital services for the Australian Government. You will be helping government to radically improve access to government services. You will work with subject matter experts to design interactions to make services easy for everyone to be able to understand and use, with a focus on web standards, usability, and accessibility.
Due to COVID-19 the DTA has instigated a 3 day on-site, 2 day off-site arrangement for all staff unless otherwise agreed. Contractors may be required to work from home using their own equipment other than a DTA provided laptop.
You will participate in user research and service design practices in a user experience focused team to prototype low and high-fidelity prototypes in a complex environment. You will have experience working within Government, the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard and other technical standards and policies.
- Evidence of a minimum of 5 years in interaction design
- Demonstrated solid understanding of and experience with HTML standards and CSS/SASS
- Proven front-end web development skills to enable the creation of low and high fidelity prototypes
- Experience working with user experience experts, collaboratively incorporating user research and service design techniques into your work to drive design outcomes
- Experience with govCMS
- Experience with the methodology used by the DTA, including the Design System and Design Service Standard
- Ability to support and mentor colleagues to develop capability within the team
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
1 x 6 months
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate