Interaction Designers x 2
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, January 4, 2022
Australian Capital Territory,New South Wales,Victoria
Agency / Department
Department of Agriculture, Water and Environment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
Who we are:
In late 2020, as part of Busting Congestion for Agricultural Exporters the Trade Reform and Digital Trade Initiatives divisions were established to develop and deliver the vision and strategy for agricultural exports, and to coordinate the range of the export business and digital reform programs that are currently underway. At the heart of this reform package is the modernisation of export systems by building Digital Services to Take Farmers to Markets.
The Department is building significant digital capability within the Congestion Busting Program. They seek an Interaction Designer to join a multi-disciplinary team to bring a human-centred approach to user data and research that enables seamless and relevant experiences for users across the program streams.
• Work with one or more delivery teams to design the experience of digital services to meet user needs.
• Bring a human/computer interaction focus to the design of services, heavily led by user research and usability testing.
• Prototype and design from low to high fidelity, ability to work in code highly desirable
• Assist teams to design services that are easy to use and widely accessible to a diverse group of users.
• Work with other teams to establish common design and interaction patterns across multiple services. Skills & Experience
• Extensive experience in web and mobile interface design
• Strong track record working in agile, multi-disciplinary teams
• Experience in evidence-based design and prototyping across all levels of fidelity. Ability to prototype in code, like HTML and CSS, is highly desirable
• Demonstrable experience in creating and iterating design components
• Strong understanding of designing for users with accessibility needs
• Experience collaborating with developers and user researchers
• Expert knowledge of working with and contributing to design systems that have common interaction patterns for digital services
• Experience working with the Digital Services Standard
• Collaborative team player
• Exceptional communication skills in both verbal and written form
• Relevant tertiary qualifications Please ensure that responses to the selection criteria are included in submissions.
1. Extensive experience in web and mobile interface design
2. Experience in evidence-based design and prototyping across all levels of fidelity. Ability to prototype in code, like HTML and CSS, is highly desirable
3. Experience delivering accessible and inclusive designs
4. Experience designing and iterating design components
5. Strong track record working in agile, multi-disciplinary teams
Not Applicable for this opportunity
Ability to Obtain baseline clearance
2 x 12 month extensions