Jobs/Internet Gateway Engineers
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The successful candidate will be a passionate IT professional with demonstrated experience in key areas of a secure internet gateway or similar context. The Security of the department’s systems is a priority and the successful candidate will have a deep understanding of how to manage network devices in a secure manner, and to take initiative to rectify any issues, where appropriate.
Key duties of the position include:
- Assist Internet Services team (Gateway) in troubleshooting and managing Gateway devices and services such as Web Proxy, Email, Firewall, F5 Balancers, IPS/IDS (Intrusion Prevention / Detection), Sandbox.
- Performing wide range of activities in management and support of network services, secure internet gateway and datacentres
- Work collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams to ensure effective delivery of technical programs and gateway projects
- Develop and maintain documentation relevant to the Internet Gateway environment
- Assist with maintaining the security of the Gateway environment by performing duties such as patching and hardening of platforms
- Demonstrated experience of managing gateway infrastructure such as Firewalls, Proxy, Mail servers, DNS and VPN
- Demonstrated experience implementing and maintaining IPS/IDS and/or Web Application Firewalls
- Demonstrated high-level experience of working with load balancing using F5 and working with multiple operating systems such as Windows and Linux
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cisco networking devices such as Routers and Switches and routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF.
- Well-developed communication skills with a proven ability to communicate both orally and in writing with management and technical stakeholders across business and technical areas
- Experience with one or more of the following: Bluecoat ProxySG, Cisco ESA/SMA, Fortigate, FortiSandbox, Infoblox DNS
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, and/or relevant industry certifications
- Working knowledge of cyber security frameworks and standards, specifically the Information Security Manual (ISM) and IRAP process
Must have current negative vetting level 1 clearance
2 x 1 year extension options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate