IT Asset Manager
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, July 13, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Defence
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$90 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Australian Cyber Security Centre’s Asset Manager is responsible for assisting ACSC staff to manage the full lifecycle of ACSC IT assets through acquisition, deployment, operation, maintenance, to decommission and disposal. The Asset Manager coordinates and ensures integration across finance, security, and ICT change and configuration management. The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 5: ASMG5 - Manages and maintains the service compliance of all IT and service assets in line with business and regulatory requirements involving knowledge of financial and technical processes, tools and techniques. Identifies, assesses and communicates associated risks. Ensures asset controllers, infrastructure teams and the business co-ordinate and optimise value, maintain control and maintain appropriate legal compliance. FMIT4 - Monitors and maintains all required financial records for compliance and audit to all agreed requirements. Assists all other areas of IT with their financial tasks, especially in the areas of identification of process, service, project and component costs and the calculation and subsequent reduction of all IT service, project, component and process failures. Contributes to financial planning and budgeting. Collates required financial data and reports for analysis and to facilitate decision making. The position is full time on-site in our Canberra offices only.
1. Undertake and coordinate asset management activities including IT asset accounting, asset under construction balances, asset impairment assessments, management of intangible asset portfolios (including cloud infrastructure), tracking and financial statement analysis and reporting.
2. Provide input to and management of policy, process and procedural advice and training to System, Program and Project Managers relating to IT asset management and accounting requirements.
3. Provide support to ensure compliance with ASD Asset Management and Accounting policies and processes, including finance requirements, audit requirements (ANAO), IT Security requirements, and IT Service Management requirements.
4. Provide support for and manage ad-hoc activities, such as external asset stocktakes and reviews, ANAO audit requirements and external asset valuations.
1.Familiarity with the Public Governance and Performance Accountability Act
2. 1.Knowledge of Commonwealth Asset management tools and processes is considered an advantage.
Must Have current negative vetting level 1 clearancecurrent nv1 clearance
12 months subject to an Organisational Suitability Assessment and funds availability