Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
An exciting opportunity is available to be part of an award-winning multi-year initiative to modernise IP Australia’s core business systems. At IP Australia you will play an important role in the Patents Modernisation Initiative which is at the forefront of digital transformation through agile delivery and following DevOps approaches.
This role will work within multi-discipline delivery teams, following agile principles to develop IT systems supporting business. Working closely with solution architects and other technical specialists the role will support design, development and deployment activities.
Under the direction of the Delivery Manager, Solution Architects and Technical Lead, this role will:
- Design, build and test API services for a modern web application development stack that integrates technologies including MuleSoft, Pega, Vue.js and Oracle database.
- Plan, document, and manage the deliverable tasks that are assigned to the team.
- Work with Business Analysts and End Users to translate functional specifications into technical designs for implementation and deployment.
- Collaborate and mentor team members to promote team harmony and support cross-skilling professional development.
- Instill a culture of learning, collaboration, and continuous improvement in a team environment.
- Work with the delivery manager to support an agile delivery model.
- Undertake additional duties as required;
Applicants must be highly motivated with a strong work ethic and able to work effectively in a multi-discipline team. They must be ‘team players’ supporting and contributing to a highly collaborative culture where team members work closely to deliver quality outcomes. Applicants are also expected to be proactive and motivated to build their site knowledge of the complex business and technical areas at IP Australia that are relevant to their role. Note: this role requires candidates to attend onsite in Canberra
- Demonstrated in-depth experience over multiple years, and demonstrated skills in the design, build and implementation of modern web applications using enterprise integration tools (e.g. J2EE, RESTful web services)
- Demonstrated experience delivering solutions using agile values and practices supported by ICT system design practices and tools.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively and collaboratively in multi-discipline development teams.
- Demonstrated experience in or knowledge of the following:
- Pega (or similar BPM tool).
- MuleSoft (or similar integration platform)
- Vue.js, ES6 and Typescript
- Containerisation (OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker).
- Demonstrated experience working with data storage technologies such as Elastic Search or Oracle DB.
IP Australia ENTRY ONLY must be obtained prior to the start date. No Permanent resident (PR’s) can apply for the role, each candidate must be Australia Citizens
Two x 12 month extension options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate