Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$145 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Health Systems Branch are seeking experienced Java Developers.
Java developers are critical to the development of the Projects within the Branch. The resource will be required to:
- Work on large scale Government applications that are high profile and complex systems within the Health Systems branch.
- Be responsible for interpreting and analysing business requirements and translating these into quality, workable and cost-effective IT solutions, in accordance with Department of Human Services approved software development methodologies
- Undertake technical research and analysis to drive design.
- Operate with a significant degree of independence while working under the broad guidance of a National Manager.
- Drive innovation, manage and lead change and have an active role in contributing to and implementing the department’s strategic direction.Key Tasks / Duties:
- Ensure compliance with endorsed software development methodologies.
- Sound knowledge of web application architecture, patterns and objected oriented design
- Knowledge of Object Oriented concepts, experience in design and development applications, particularly in Java platforms
- A sound understanding of systems development life cycle, release management, ICT Strong communication skills, both writtenand oral
- Resilience to work in a demanding and dynamic environment
- Conduct impact analysis, evaluate and report on technical feasibility and risks for development projects.
- Resolve very complex technical issues
- Demonstrated experience as a highly specialised Java and or Angular Developer.
- Demonstrated experience delivering end to end solutions and leading a team of developers in a complex environment.
- Ability to analyse complex systems, understand architecture and produce high level designs and PSDs (solution documents)
- Sound understanding of diffenent design patterns and hands on experience of delivering solutions using JavaEE, web services, Git and DB2
- Understands relational database conceptsand the use of SQL, and implement high performance database solutions
- Understands Agile concepts and delivers work in Agile environment
Must hold a Baseline Security Clearance
Upto 24 months
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate