Jobs/Java EE Developer and DevOps engineer
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Australian Electoral Commission
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
The AEC is seeking a senior Java developer with DevOps experience to work as part of a team, to maintain, upgrade and extend existing software built on the Java EE framework.
- In-depth technical knowledge of Java frameworks. With demonstrated ability to develop and maintain high quality, secure, robust and scalable enterprise level software solutions using Java and Java EE.
- Experience configuring, optimising and upgrading Java EE application servers and java CI/CD pipelines.
- Ability to work in a team environment delivering a high level of customer service, with the ability to build strong working relationships and trust with clients, stakeholders and senior management.
- Good verbal and in written communication skills. Experience in preparing and maintaining technical documentation, with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures to colleagues.
- A relevant bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification.
- Experience with Maven, Jenkins, GIT, SonarQube, Azure DevOps and PowerShell.
- Experience with JBoss EAP and Apache Tomcat; including use of JMS, JPA, JMX and JSF
- Experience with application performance monitoring and performance testing tools (e.g. Rational Performance Tester)
- Experience with MS SQL Server
Must have current baseline clearance
One x 12 month extension option
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate