Java Software Developer (multiple positions available)
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, January 4, 2022
Australian Capital Territory,New South Wales,Offsite
Agency / Department
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The department is upgrading its Export Certification systems to deliver modern, high quality, easy to use software solutions for a variety of export commodities, We are looking for senior developers with experience in overseeing the design and development of new and existing bespoke software applications. Strong skills in stakeholder engagement and relationship management with business and technical stakeholders, mentoring junior developers and experience in developing clear and comprehensive technical documentation are required.
•Update and maintain existing export certification systems to ensure smooth, uniform user experience across varied platforms;
•Architect software based on service-oriented and event-driven architectures;
•Develop enterprise-grade software using Java and Oracle technologies;
•Develop / maintain web-based UI using ReactJS, CSS and HTML;
•Design data models, translate to physical data models and implement using Oracle Database;
•Implement CRUD operations on the database using Java Object-Relational Mapping frameworks;
•Produce and maintain detailed design artefacts & technical specifications;
•Develop SOAP and REST web services for internal system-to-system integration and B2G integration;
•Implement and maintain form-based and federated authentication and fine- and coarse-grained role-based access control;
•Design and develop web services using a top-down approach;
•Create and read WSDLs, XML Schemas & XML payloads;
•Develop and maintain workflows using BPEL and Oracle SOA Suite;
•Use and configure Oracle Middleware, in particular: oOracle WebLogic application server oOracle SOA Suite: BPEL Process Manager, Service Bus, Event Delivery Network oOracle Database oOracle Identity and Access Management oOracle HTTP Server
•Use: oGit for source code versioning oSoapUI and Postman for testing SOAP, REST web services and test automation oMaven for dependency management oJenkins for build and deployment automation
2. In-depth knowledge and experience with the software development lifecycle. Experience working as part of a team to design and develop innovative software applications that improve and simplify business processes.
3. Experience with support, maintenance and debugging issues of critical systems in Production.
4. Experience with and knowledge of client-server, service-oriented, microservices and even-based architectures.
5. Experience with producing technical documentation to communicate high-level and detailed design and for the purpose of support and maintenance of the system.
6. The ability to engage well with stakeholders and develop strong relationships with business and technical stakeholders as required.
1. Experience with:
odevelopment of workflows and web service orchestration using Oracle BPEL
obusiness rules managements systems, in particular Drools
oservice bus and API management tools
2. Experience with: oAgile development methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban oAzure DevOps Repos, Boards, Artifacts, and Pipelines. oAzure App Service, Functions, Logic Apps, API Management, Event Grid, Service Bus, SQL, SQL Database, and Cosmos DB
Ability to Obtain baseline clearance
Extension of 2 X up to 12 months each may be offered.