Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, January 4, 2022
Australian Capital Territory,New South Wales,Victoria
Agency / Department
Department of Agriculture, Water and Environment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
Who we are:
In late 2020, as part of Busting Congestion for Agricultural Exporters the Trade Reform and Digital Trade Initiatives divisions were established to develop and deliver the vision and strategy for agricultural exports, and to coordinate the range of the export business and digital reform programs that are currently underway. At the heart of this reform package is the modernisation of export systems by building Digital Services to Take Farmers to Markets.
• Design and improve software that meets the user needs prioritised by the team.
• Write clear, secure and well-tested code that’s easy for others to re-use.
• Work with other team members to understand what needs to be built.
• Operate the services developed by the team and identify issues in production.
• Collaborates with other developers to continually improve the overall quality of the codebase.
• Create simple solutions that meet user needs with both frontend and backend technologies
• Deliver and produce a test-driven or behaviour-driven development and continuous integration / continuous delivery cadence Skills & Experience
• Experience with other JS tools and libraries highly regarded, eg. Webpack, Babel, and Jasmine
• Strong experience with HTML, CSS and SASS
• Specific knowledge of common web security issues and how to avoid them
• Experience developing and iterating software in agile multi-disciplinary teams
• Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people
• Strong understanding of common patterns for developing maintainable and scalable web applications
• Understand how web applications are operated in production (eg. familiarity with platform-as-a-service and building twelve-factor apps)
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong team player
• Collaborative, curious and helpful
• Relevant tertiary qualifications Please ensure that responses to the selection criteria are included in submissions.
4. Experience developing and iterating software in agile multi-disciplinary teams
Not Applicable for this opportunity
Ability to Obtain baseline clearance
2 x 12 month extensions