Agency / Department
Australian Electoral Commission
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$130 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) is an independent statutory authority established by the Australian Government to maintain an impartial and independent electoral system for eligible voters through active electoral roll management, efficient delivery of polling services, and targeted education and public awareness programs. The AEC is committed to the APS values of being impartial, committed to service, accountable, respectful and ethical. The AEC values and commitments are an essential component of our operating environment and frame how AEC staff work. The AEC's focus is on electoral integrity through the values of quality, agility and professionalism.
The Digital Technology and Communication Branch delivers Technology and Communication services to the AEC and is divided into seven groups: IT Executive, IT Solutions, Business Services, Infrastructure, Service Operations, Communications, Information Security ,Governance and Assurance. Technology services are delivered through a select sourcing model, with a mixture of in-house and outsourced resources. The DT&C Branch is committed to building the agency’s information technology capability by providing resilient, modern and secure systems informed by data and insights, and to upskill teams to develop innovative new products and services.
- In partnership with the rest of the development team provide systems expertise to enhance and improve existing software, including designing, developing, implementing and testing software systems, in line with business requirements and software development standards.
- In collaboration with other teams in the work area, investigate and resolve complex issues with the operation of an application.
- Ensure deadlines are consistently met and that a high standard of technical and design documentation is provided.
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain high quality, robust and scalable enterprise level software solutions using ADABAS Natural
- Detailed knowledge of and experience in the design and development of software solutions
- Sound knowledge and experience in successfully managing and delivering results within time constraints and with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated personal drive and integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and budget parameters.
Ability to obtain negative vetting level 1 clearance
1 x 12 Month
**Please refer to our Terms and Condition for more information regarding anticipated rate