Agency / Department
Australian Electoral Commission
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Digital Technology and Communication (DTAC) Branch is committed to building the agency’s information technology capability by providing resilient, modern and secure systems informed by data and insights, and to upskill teams to develop innovative new products and services. ICT services are delivered through a select sourcing model, with a mixture of in-house and outsourced resources
The IT Solutions section, within the (DTAC) Branch, develops, maintains and supports the AEC’s in-house developed software applications that form an integral part of the AEC’s operations. The AEC is committed to the APS values of being impartial, committed to service, accountable, respectful and ethical.
Key position responsibilities:
- In partnership with the rest of the development team provide systems expertise to enhance and improve existing software, including designing, developing, implementing and testing software systems, in line with business requirements and software development standards.
- In collaboration with other teams in the work area, investigate and resolve complex issues with the operation of an application.
- Ensure deadlines are consistently met and that a high standard of technical and design documentation is provided.
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain high quality, secure, robust and scalable enterprise level software solutions based on the .NET Framework or .NET Core
- Demonstrated experience in, or knowledge of, DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Sound knowledge and experience in successfully managing and delivering results within time constraints and with competing priorities.
- Experience in service-based technologies such as REST API and/or WCF
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience with GIT version control
- Experience with SQL Server
Must have current baseline clearance
Two x 6 month extension options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate