Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Defence
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
Investment Portfolio Management Branch is looking for 4*.Net Developers.
The successful candidate will be a part of multi-disciplinary team and will be responsible for the following deliverable and activities (but not limited to):
• Designing, coding, testing and documenting software programs and scripts to deliver against agreed requirements;
• Code interpretation and fixes
• Providing quality assurance by reviewing the CapabilityOne code developed by other software developers (peer review);
• Ascertain the cause of batch failures/irregularities and either fix or delegate to relevant area.
• Liaise with relevant teams to rectify batch issues
• Maintain batches across development, integration and production environments
• Perform testing and provide thorough support as part of regular release cycles.
• Mentoring junior developers;
• Ensuring CapabilityOne software meets business, legislative, security and industry better practice requirements;
• Contributing to the ongoing improvement of CapabilityOne software development processes using Defence and industry best practices;
• Adhering to and continually improve agreed development, release and testing processes;
• Developing and maintaining technical documentation;
• Release Management; and
• Maintaining knowledge of emerging software technologies specifically related to Microsoft software development. The successful candidate is expected to exhibit the following behaviours:
• Work collaboratively with Portfolio Performance Management team and other Investment Portfolio Management Branch members to delivery CapabilityOne outcomes;
• Develop and maintain professional, respectful and positive relationships with CapabilityOne users, product owners, and suppliers across Defence Groups;
• Contribute to a harmonious team environment that fosters innovation, creativity, and team collaboration to deliver project outcome;
• Provide mentorship and guidance to other team members, APS and third parties as required.
1. • At least 5 year’s recent experience as a Senior.Net developer
• Experience delivering these services within a Commonwealth Government environment
•Experience with agile application development teams, with flexibility to take on various roles expected of a multidisciplinary team
Not Applicable for this opportunity
Must Have current negative vetting level 1 clearancecurrent nv1 clearance
extention options available