Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
- Ability to obtain a NEGATIVE VETTING 1 clearance
- In depth knowledge of network protocols and ability to use performance monitoring tools.
- Strong understanding of switch, router and firewall hardware and ability to configure using both copper and fibre technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to allow for effective liaison with colleagues, management, vendors (product support and procurement) and end users.
- Ability to develop strong internal and external working relationships to facilitate collaboration, clear lines of communication and to deliver on AEC’s strategic objectives.
- Experience with OSPF, BGP, Spanning Tree, VLANs, VRRP and IPSec protocols.
- Ability to create and maintain documentation using attention to detail, such as creating project plans, bill of materials, and technical manuals and process documents.
- AEC employees must be Australian citizens.
- Applicants are required to consent to, undergo, obtain and maintain a character clearance.
- Any person who is, and seen to be active in political affairs, and intends to publicly carry on this activity, may compromise the strict neutrality of the AEC and cannot be considered.
- Applicants are required to consent to, undergo, obtain and maintain the security clearance required for this role.
- Experience with configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of hardware and software based load balancers
- Ability to administer multi-factor authentication systems.
- Experience managing network support and monitoring systems running within a Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP/Perl (LAMP) environment.
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate