Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Saturday, April 10, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Australian Electoral Commission
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$130 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Network Engineer with 3 to 5 years experience with a strong understanding of network infrastructure and hardware. A self-starter able to work under pressure, independently under limited guidance as well as comfortable working in a team environment.
- Strong understanding of switch, router and firewall hardware with experience configuring VLANs and patching cables within Comms cabinets.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot networking and connectivity issues.
- Ability to develop strong internal and external working relationships to facilitate collaboration, clear lines of communication and to deliver on AEC’s strategic objectives.
- Ability to create and maintain documentation using attention to detail, such as developing migration plans, bill of materials, and technical manuals and procedure documents.
- Experience supporting, configuring and troubleshooting large display screens, video conferencing equipment and IPTV systems.
- Configuring, managing and troubleshooting WiFi networks
- Familiar with portable devices such as iPads and tablets
- Experience working in an IT security conscience environment
Must have current negative vetting level 1 clearance
One x 6 month extension option