Jobs/Operations Governance Lead
Agency / Department
Digital Transformation Agency
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$90 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Digital Identity and myGov Capability branch as the Operations Governance Lead.
The Operations Governance Lead will work as part of a cross-agency multidisciplinary team and will be a highly organised, dynamic, outcome orientated individual with excellent communication skills and operations management experience.
As the program lead for operational governance, you will be required to lead a small team responsible for the establishment of a digital support and operations model. This will involve leading conversations and discussions across –Government agencies to define the requirements and processes for client support, service operations, risk management (fraud and cyber security) and governance arrangements.
In this role you will need experience, understanding and knowledge of the types of client support models, service operations frameworks and risk management standards to deliver the required outcomes.
The Operational Governance Lead will work closely the team providing high-level guidance and advice to Executives and support the product’s operations. The main requirement of the position is a strong ability to engage in operational and strategic conversations with stakeholders to support delivery of outcomes.
Specific tasks include:
- Leading cross-agency engagement to define and agree key outcomes and deliverables.
- Working closely with partner agencies to gain a deep understanding of the internal blockers and pain points to good service delivery
- Working closely with Legal, Security and Privacy staff to provide balanced and well considered advice and direction including fraud related matters.
- Providing guidance and input on the preparation of privacy related matters
- Ensuring alignment of the operational deliverables to the broader planning including change and release management
- Identifying opportunities to influence and shape the direction of operations
- Contributing to the planning and scheduling of short to medium term deliverables, and input into the planning of longer-term requirements
- Preparing and coordinating program reporting, governance papers, working group papers and action and risk registers.
- Extensive experience (at least 5 years) as a successful Operations Governance Lead.
- Experience and understanding of operational processes and service management frameworks (ITSM, ITIL, etc) and governance frameworks and operations.
- Experience and understanding of client support operations (i.e. service centres, escalation processes, incident management, change and release management).
- Strong communications skills at all levels, with an ability to lead and navigate complex stakeholder engagement to maintain a program view and provide advice to Senior Executives.
- Ability to navigate and influence program delivery in a fast-paced, dynamic, changing and at times, ambiguous environment.
- Knowledge and working experience of Agile product development and working effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
One x 6 month extension option
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate