Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$90 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Foreign Investment Division (FID) of the Treasury is delivering a multi-year, strategic business and digital transformation program. It has implemented a Program Management Office (PMO) to support the program. Note – this a Program PMO. The Treasury does not have a Corporate PMO.
The Treasury is seeking the services of an experienced PMO specialist to provide a capability uplift, by establishing and embedding the PMO skills/expertise (PMO practices, processes, templates) required to support the program.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in establishing PMO operations. The role is required to assess current arrangements, identify gaps and opportunities to improve: PMO roles, functions, structure, processes, practices and templates. With this in mind, the successful candidate should expect to use their expertise and experience to provide some direction and guidance on changes, as well as develop and deliver artefacts and changes agreed by the Treasury, as needed for their PMO.
Program/Portfolio management qualifications and experience with government assurance processes including the Department of Finance Gateway Review would be an advantage.
- Managing elements of the PMO processes, including coordination of program and activities such as decision and risk registers.
- Coordinating governance and reporting processes and providing advice and input to enhance the program governance and reporting framework.
- Support to integrated program planning and performance, and financial planning and performance.
- Provide advice and input to enhance governance/reporting framework
- Support strategic planning & performance management
- Qualifications and/or experience with government assurance processes including the Department of Finance Gateway Review.
- Strong organisational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Qualifications and/or experience in Managing Successful Programs (MSP) and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodologies
Must have current baseline clearance
One x 6 month extension option
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate