Power BI Developer (several)
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Sunday, January 30, 2022
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The department is looking for an experienced high performing Power BI developer who can work in a dynamic analytical team and deliver data visualisation products within Power BI and other data analysis tools. As a member of an integrated analytics team, you will be working alongside departmental clients to build priority products to improve insights for the business to assist them make better-informed evidence-based decisions. As a Power BI developer, you will: a)develop analytical products to meet specified business requirements b)develop SQL scripts and Power BI (DAX code) to curate transactional datasets from systems and data from other sources c)present concise data visualisation products to business and senior management d)manage and report on project deliverables and input into daily and weekly performance meetings and weekly and monthly reporting e)produce a range of documentation including technical documents, workflows, diagrams, project scoping, business requirements, testing material, and other artifacts. f)have strong project management and business analysis experience
1. Proven industry experience in developing and delivering data visualisation products and reports (representing complex analytics/insights) to meet specified business requirements using Power BI
2. Strong project management and business analysis experience.
3. Proven skills to develop SQL scripts and Power BI DAX code to curate transactional datasets from the department’s systems as well as data from other sources
4. Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of systems and departmental processes to develop and/or improve Power BI reports and analytics
5. Demonstrated experience in providing and presenting concise data reports and clear data visualisation products to business and management through presentations, demonstrations, direct training.
6. Manage and report on project deliverables and input into daily and weekly performance meetings and weekly and monthly reporting
7. Produce and provide a range of documentation including technical documents, workflows, diagrams, project scoping, business requirements, testing material, and other artifacts.
8. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, with proven experience in working across different teams and individually, and with wide ranging stakeholders/clients
1. Proficient in analytical thinking to translate data into informative visuals and reports.
2. Have good knowledge or experience with using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), DevOps and or Git
Ability to Obtain baseline clearance
Option to extend for 2 periods of up to 12 months