Jobs/Power BI Developers
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Civil Aviation Safety Authority
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Section Manager Business Intelligence, the Power BI developer will be responsible for:
- Developing meaningful Power BI reports and dashboards using complex data.
- Transitioning existing reports from SAP BO to Power BI
- Support SAP BO until it is decommissioned.
- Work to deadlines, monitor and report progress.
- Work co-operatively and collaboratively with the team as well as other stakeholders within CASA and be a great team player.
- Other related tasks as requested by the Section Manager.
- Self-Starter with ability to work unsupervised but understand when to request information.
- Promote workplace safety, equity and diversity and participative management and environmental management practices in the workplace and act in accordance with CASA values and behaviours.
- A strong skillset and background working with PowerBI, complex data sets and SQL skills.
- Extensive Power BI development and administration experience in a Data Warehouse team- this is an important and key skill for this position.
- Developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop
- Connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data for Business Intelligenc
- Proficient in making DAX queries in Power BI desktop f) Undertake unit and system testing of all developments.
- Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
- Creating and maintaining detailed documentation to ensure effective handovers and knowledge transfer.
- Making sure that warehouse and BI processes function smoothly on an ongoing basis, carrying out maintenance and making improvements as required and helping users to extract the maximum possible value from our data.
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail - you understand the implications of design and implementation choices and can explain why you do things the way you do.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field would be highly regarded
- A strong understanding of data modelling and the various physical and logical steps required to turn raw data into useful information.
- Knowledge of ETL tools.
- Knowledge of SAP BO reports
- Experienced in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle using Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
Must have a current baseline clearance
One x 12 month extension option
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate