Program Coordinator/Support Officer
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Wednesday, November 3, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment has a requirement for a Program Coordinator/Support Officer to support the delivery of a large program of work in the Information Services Division as part of the Agile Program Management Office (PMO). The successful person will be able to work within an autonomous environment with strong stakeholder management skills. The successful candidate is expected to have:
• 3+ years Project/Program Management coordination or support (as relevant) experience
• Proven success in supporting large scale digital transformation across multiple programs of work
• Proven experience in supporting senior executives and program managers in the daily execution of project activities
• Experience in drafting high level program documents such as decision and options papers
• Experience in developing and executing administrative activities such as end to end onboarding and recruitment
• Experience in drafting High level Board papers for the SES level with a high attention to detail
• Proven experience in minuting Board and Program Meetings
• Proven ability to liaise with senior stakeholders both internal and external to the Program
• Proven ability to work in a fast paced and changeable environment working on high priority and profile issues
• Strong organisational and communication skills to present information and communicate expectations in an environment with competing requirements/workloads
• Experience using a variety of software tools and products (including products such as Visio, DevOps, TechOne, Concur, Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Project and advanced experience in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). The role will be responsible for:
• Supporting the Program Manager and other AgilePMO roles in the strategic delivery and oversight of the Program objectives;
• Work with internal and external stakeholders and partners, including senior executives, to support management of programs and projects with a focus on successful delivery to meet scope, schedule and budget requirements.
• Support compliance with the relevant governance arrangements associated with ICT projects in the department.
• Liaising with workstreams to support information gathering for alignment to deliverables Please note: During COVID-19 restrictions working offsite will be supported and facilitated, however once restrictions allow for return to the office, there will be an expectation that position will be working onsite in Canberra.
1. Please tell us in 500 words or less how your skills and experience would make you the right person for this role.
Not Applicable for this opportunity
Ability to Obtain baseline clearance
2 x up to 12 months options to extend