Jobs/Program Support Officer
Agency / Department
Department of Defence
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$75 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Program Support Officer is responsible for performing complex project management work in support of Defence project requirements within an integrated workforce. Working with the team, the Program Support Officer will assist the Project Manager to align strategic priorities and communicates expected outcomes.
Assist with providing strategic, specialist and professional project management advice, allowing for the achievement of project outcomes.
Develop, implement, and review policies and procedures applicable to area of work.
Undertake risk management activities for area of responsibility.
Engage and collaborate with key stakeholders.
Ability to apply judgement.
Develop and implement work plans, schedules, performance indicators and review individual, team, and business performance.
- Demonstrated experience working in integration projects
- Experience in stakeholder relationships, communicating with influence, and negotiating effectively
- Ability to apply judgement when working with highly complex and/or sensitive issues
- Experience in collaborating for the purpose of building schedules, risk, budget, and resources
- Experience in the preparation of briefings, submissions, and reports
- Sound understanding of project management methodologies and practices
- Writing skills with the ability to adapt communications to suit the target audience
- Experience working with high performing teams
- Sound communication skills with the demonstrated ability to work with internal and external stakeholders that are geographically dispersed
- Demonstrated decision-making skills and judgement
Negative Vetting 1
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate