Jobs/Project Manager - AGEIS
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
The Department is looking for an experienced project manager to implement the Australian Greenhouse Emissions Information System development work plan.
AGEIS is the central IT business application of Australia’s national greenhouse gas inventory system. Its greenhouse gas emissions estimate modelling, QC, inventory compilation and reporting and archiving functions: implement Australia’s emission reporting obligations under the UN climate treaties; track compliance with domestic and international emission reduction commitments; informs development of domestic abatement policies; monitors the effectiveness of those policies; and, informs future emission reduction targets. AGEIS also supports preparation of Australia’s annual emissions projections estimates. AGEIS’s forward development plan will support Australia’s compliance with the Paris Agreement and the provision of a broader range of policy-relevant, more granular emission estimates. It will also involve the migration of AGEIS to cloud-based services.
- Ability to manage large, complex software application projects such as Australian Greenhouse Emissions Information System
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues to ensure timely completion of project timelines, and experience in software deployment
- Ability to manage contracts and procurement processes, and develop project documentation, including progress reports for senior management, and maintain IT system documentation
- Excellent technical, analytical, inter-personal, communication skills enabling identification and mitigation of key risks to the project, including obtaining support from key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience (more than 5 years) in managing software development projects and business applications
- Experience in software development to more effectively liaise with business users and the Department’s IT area
- Experience in data analysis and scientific computing
Must have current baseline clearance
1 x 12 months
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate