Jobs/Radio Frequency Engineer
Agency / Department
Department of Defence
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$90 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Protected Mobility Integration and Capability Assurance Program (PMICA) program has been established to support the deployment of a Ready Battlegroup (RBG) including the prototyping and engineering required to integrate and assure interoperability with multiple subsystems.
The PMICA program is seeking one (1) Electronics or Communications Engineer with significant demonstrated Radio Frequency (RF) engineering experience to support the RF integration efforts within PMICA. This individual will directly contribute to the successful delivery of integrated RF solutions for Army.
As part of the RF team, the successful candidate will provide the necessary analysis, reports, tools and processes to allow effective management and control of the Contested Communications environment for the current and future Army. Broadly, this will be achieved through:
- Electronic / RF characterisation of integrated systems (systems of systems), systems and subsystems, including radios, integrated platforms, antennas, etc, including the development of procedures and tools necessary to achieve this;
- Establishment of the Contested Communications Framework, as part of the Capability Configuration Management Framework (CCMF), including supporting processes and documents;
- Conduct end-to-end analysis, measurement and simulation of contested communications scenarios, in virtual, bench and open air environments; and,
- Supporting various meetings, working groups, and other fora, to share information, lessons learnt, etc
- Independently plan and deliver critical and very complex engineering activities and provide advice in all relevant engineering disciplines and management systems under broad direction.
- Demonstrated agility and an ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities • Work effectively and cohesively with internal and external stakeholders, including external below the line contactors and other defence agencies;
- Develop and/or evaluate technical and design packages including scoping, planning, reviewing and implement subsequent actions.
- Evaluate and ensure that the delivered materiel meets requirements and legislation, policy and regulatory frameworks and implement actions.
- At least 4 years working within a Defence Systems Program Office (SPO) is desirable.
must have a current NV1 clearance
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate