Agency / Department
Department of Defence
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$95 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
CAF16 within JC2SPO is the applicable Integrated Project/ Product Team in CASG that is responsible for the CAF16 systems related requirements engineering aspects.
CASG is seeking an experienced technical business analyst to join the team
- This role is within the CASG environment working with CAF16, within JC2SPO. The Requirements Engineer will work within the CAF16 Engineering team and in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, to elicit; document; validate; manage and maintain user requirements for in-service software baselines, and deliver upgraded and new software products from the contractor Systems. The Requirements engineer will perform tasks across the entire capability lifecycle, from requirements analysis, through to V&V, and in service support. The requirements engineer role is to manage the process of documenting the user requirements in a way that can be contracted and delivered within the assigned resources and timeframes, in compliance with applicable legislative constraints, and within acceptable business risk, taking a whole of life view.
- Specific responsibilities of the Requirements Engineer are likely to include development of CAF16 user requirements (including OCD and FPS), engineering review and/or approval of contractual deliverables, assist in engineering change proposals to achieve design acceptance and technical certification, representing the Commonwealth in contract discussions, meetings and integrated working groups, development of engineering plans and technical briefs, technical and administrative support to testing activities and test witnessing.
- As a Requirements Engineer, you will assist in leading functional architecture definition and requirements decomposition for CAF16 systems and related technologies under acquisition and sustainment in an SAFE (Scaled Agile) model based systems engineering environment. You will support programs in requirement development, identifying interfaces (both internal and external) and further decompose CAF16 architecture and requirements to sufficiently facilitate design synthesis. You will develop modelling and perform trades and analysis optimization.
- As a Requirements Engineer, you will be required to work within the CAF16 Engineering team, and will become an integral to the conduct of support to the CAF16 Systems. The Requirements Engineer will report to the CAF16 Engineering Manager as the reporting chain.
- Understanding of modern networking, computers and operating systems; high level skills with corporate tools such as SP, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and similar applications;
- Demonstrated practical experience in requirements development for Defence, or related projects through needs analysis, requirement definition and capability concept documents development. Experience in the Joint; Land, Maritime Force environment would be highly regarded
- Preferred formal tertiary or technical qualifications in engineering in a systems discipline if possible. Must be a MIEAust and CPENG accreditation would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of the following - requirements engineering, the wider systems engineering discipline, technical regulation, and development of specifications and statements of work, design review, system integration, configuration management and risk analysis.
- Ability to work as part of a technical team and successfully liaise with users, system program offices, CASG E&T and external contractors as necessary to achieve set tasks and milestones.
- Well developed written, oral, negotiation, interpersonal and liaison skills. Experience in working closely with industry and scientific organisations would be well regarded.
- Experience in use of and knowledge of Air C2 systems and applications (or equivalent Army/Navy systems);
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical personnel at all organization levels including suppliers and customers
- Experience in a Chief Engineer or Lead Engineer role responsible for ensuring system and product integration across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated leadership for driving issue resolution and mitigating technical risk
- Experience in working agile model based system engineering environment
active Negative Vetting 1 clearance
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate