Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Defence
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$95 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
CAF16 within JC2SPO is the applicable Integrated Project/ Product Team in CASG that is responsible for the CAF16 systems related requirements engineering aspects.
CASG is seeking an experienced technical business analyst to join the team
- Understanding of modern networking, computers and operating systems; high level skills with corporate tools such as SP, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and similar applications;
- Demonstrated practical experience in requirements development for Defence, or related projects through needs analysis, requirement definition and capability concept documents development. Experience in the Joint; Land, Maritime Force environment would be highly regarded
- Preferred formal tertiary or technical qualifications in engineering in a systems discipline if possible. Must be a MIEAust and CPENG accreditation would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of the following - requirements engineering, the wider systems engineering discipline, technical regulation, and development of specifications and statements of work, design review, system integration, configuration management and risk analysis.
- Ability to work as part of a technical team and successfully liaise with users, system program offices, CASG E&T and external contractors as necessary to achieve set tasks and milestones.
- Well developed written, oral, negotiation, interpersonal and liaison skills. Experience in working closely with industry and scientific organisations would be well regarded.
- Experience in use of and knowledge of Air C2 systems and applications (or equivalent Army/Navy systems);
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical personnel at all organization levels including suppliers and customers
- Experience in a Chief Engineer or Lead Engineer role responsible for ensuring system and product integration across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated leadership for driving issue resolution and mitigating technical risk
- Experience in working agile model based system engineering environment
active Negative Vetting 1 clearance
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate