SAP Junior Developer
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Wednesday, July 14, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Home Affairs
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$80 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
** IMPORTANT NOTE: Seller must complete and submit the attached Home Affairs Seller Response Form to address the requirements. If the response form is incomplete or not submitted, then seller’s submission may not be accepted. Please always use the current version attached to the opportunity as the form can be updated at any time.
The Specified Personnel will be responsible for providing the following deliverables including but not limited to:
• Liaising with business analysts, testing teams and support teams;
• Working with the functional team to identify how changing business requirements may be successfully delivered within existing SAP solutions;
• Supporting and contributing to critical technical design to deliver new capability or enhancements to existing processes and systems;
• Developing new programs with efficiency (in line with approved architectural standards) and completing within schedule of works and release schedule;
• Supporting systems analysis and design, FIORI/UI5 application development, ABAP programming and testing tasks;
• Working as part of a delivery team;
• Creating, completing, accurate system documentations and procedures. Specified Personnel will be expected to transfer skills and knowledge to departmental staff and ensure appropriate documentation is stored in accordance with the Department’s recordkeeping policy and practices. The Specified Personnel will also be responsible for producing the following deliverables, including but not limited to:
• Functional and technical specification documents as required;
• Update any existing departmental documentation within the SAP system;
• Operational procedures.
1. • Experience in applications development;
2. • Experience in SAP ABAP programing for large and complex IT solutions, or training in same;
3. • Experience in designing and developing FIORI/UI5 applications, or training in same;
4. • Experience with complex relational databases (particularly OpenSQL) and the ability to deliver customer requirements within a pressurised environment;
5. • Experience in developing and maintaining interfaces to non-SAP business systems;
6. • Undertake program development relating to proposed business driven projects and enhancements;
7. • Demonstrate competent conceptual and analytical skills, problem solving;
8. • Demonstrate effective communication and negotiation skills;
9. • Work towards positive and mutually satisfactory outcomes;
10. • Maintain attention to detail and be business outcomes focused;
11. • Good problem solving skills and the ability to diagnose problems and weaknesses in existing programs;
12. • Regular focus on identifying ways to improve the efficiency and delivery of services;
13. • Contribute to the ongoing development of technical function within the SAP project delivery and support teams.
1. • Experience working in large government organisations;
2. • Exposure to SAP modules;
3. • Formal qualifications in Information Technology (in lieu of formal qualifications, consideration will be given to candidates with relevant experience).
The Department requires specified personnel to have a minimum BASELINE security clearance and obtain an Employment Suitability Clearance prior to commencement. Note: Seller will be required to meet the cost of any security clearances.
Options to extend for further periods up to 2 x 12 months.