Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment has a requirement for a qualified and experienced Scrum Master to support the delivery of the Department’s DesktopOne Program of work in the Information Services Division.
The DesktopOne Program is a large complex Program providing an end-to-end improved user experience for the Department’s Users. The Program is being delivered using SAFe Agile delivery.
The Scrum Master is required to lead multi-disciplinary teams (including Product Owners) working across the Business Value Chains, Features and Requirements to ensure business requirements are properly collected and understood. The Scrum Master will also work with various Agile based teams, working with business and ICT, to ensure cross functional requirements are understood and managed.
The successful applicant is required to be autonomous, influential and able to perform a wide range of complex technical and professional work activities. They will use their knowledge and business skills to build and guide an effective and agile team.
Candidates will be expected to meet the following criteria:
• At least 3 years’ experience in an Agile Scrum Master / Iteration Manager role.
• Proven experience in leading high performing, self-managed and dynamic teams as a Scrum Master.
• Experience in working with teams at different levels of Agile maturity and with different constraints, taking a pragmatic approach to finding what works best.
• Proven experience in facilitating workshops under the agile methodology, bringing stakeholders together and maintaining a service-based delivery outlook.
• Proven technical analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong experience in working in large programs of work and executing the role irrespective of methodology being used.
• Proven ability to liaise with senior stakeholders both internal and external to the Program
• Proven ability to work in a fast paced and changeable environment.
• Certified in relevant Agile certifications.
• Familiar with Azure Dev/Ops. The role will be responsible for:
• Facilitating team progress toward the team goals as outlined in their Increment plans.
• Supporting product owners by facilitating meetings / team events (using SAFe practices) to establish a high performing, self-organised and self-disciplined team.
• Eliminating impediments / blockers and escalating to the Agile PMO / SRO as required.
• Leading and facilitating workshops with users, executives and / or technical staff to gather requirements and to validate recommended courses of action under the SAFe Agile methodology.
• Developing robust strategies and tools for Agile implementation.
• Effectively communicating with the program and Management on Agile techniques and benefits.
• Preparation of quality evidence-based written reports and other documents.
1. Please tell us in 500 words or less how your skills and experience would make you the right person for this role.
2. Experience working on complex ICT Projects or Programs as a Scrum Manager leading multi-disciplinary teams.
Not Applicable for this opportunity
Ability to Obtain baseline clearance
2 x up to 12 months options to extend