Jobs/Security System Administrators
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills & Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Department requires experienced system administrators to assist with improving security systems and processes. The work involves both enhancing legacy systems and building foundational services on new infrastructure.
The applicants will be part of the IT Security Service team responsible for building, supporting and operating:
- End Point Protection
- Certificate Management
- Privilege Access Management
- Resource Management
- Multifactor Authentication
- Application Control
- Password Management
The team is proactively introducing automation and selfservice capabilities, while improving the Department’s security.
Commercial products used by the team include Secret Server, Microsoft Defender, Active Directory, Microsoft AppLocker and Venafi certificate management. Successful applicants need to have a broad background and be able to quickly pick up new technologies.
- Demonstrated experience delivering ICT outcomes through installing/configuring products listed above or similar.
- Demonstrated analytical experience to resolve complex problems and integration issues.
- Demonstrated experience writing technical documentation, including standard operating procedures, system overviews and high level designs.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a small team.
- Is a self-motivator who requires little supervision.
- Relevant formal qualifications.
- Development skills, ie coding.
- System design skills.
Must have current negative vetting level 1 clearance
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate