Jobs/Senior Application Developers
Agency / Department
Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission is seeking an experienced Senior Application Developer to assist with a body of work being undertaken by the agency.
The Specified Personnel will be responsible for providing the following deliverables including but not limited to:
- Being accountable tthe NCIS Program Manager tensure team outputs meet Program stakeholder needs;
- Working with Product Owners tdrive the delivery of technical solutions through the management of their own team and coordination with other technical teams;
- Providing extensive application development knowledge and skills tsupport Technical Leads in project delivery including the management of own workload;
- Designing, developing and implementing software according tNCIS and industry standards and practices in the following (or similar) technologies:
- Identity and Access Management
- Hadoop Big Data Platforms
- Cloud Infrastructure (MS Azure)
- API-based integration patterns
- (modern) Data Management tools (supporting both ETL and ELT patterns)
- Integrated Data Management solutions
- Integrated DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Open-source and COTS technology products.
- Mentoring junior application developers ttransfer skills and knowledge;
- Developing comprehensive documentation and perform testing tdemonstrate built software and support successful system implementations;
- Providing ongoing production support for the NCIS capability and related infrastructure;
- Leading and developing a small technical team focused on developing new or enhanced business applications;
- Delegating and managing team workload, creating accountability and responsibility across NCIS.
The Specified Personnel may be required tundertake official travel interstate.
The Specified Personnel will be expected transfer skills and knowledge tdepartmental staff and ensure appropriate documentation is stored in accordance with the Department’s recordkeeping policy and practices.
The Specified Personnel will also be responsible for producing the following deliverables, including but not limited to:
- Developing comprehensive documentation (product, process, system and user documentation) tdemonstrate built software and support successful system implementations.
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of software solutions using SDLC methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
- Well-developed leadership and people management skills, including the ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships through consultation and sharing of information.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills, including demonstrated ability to maintain productive working relationships and to liaise effectively with senior stakeholders to reach agreement on complex matters.
- Ability to shape strategic thinking, apply sound judgement and align operational activities with corporate goals.
- Experience in using Big Data tools such as Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP), KafkaHQ, Neo4j and Elasticsearch.
- Demonstrated experience through software development with the Azure Cloud Platform.
Ability to obtain negative vetting level 1 clearance
2 x 12 months
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate