Senior Backup Engineer
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Sunday, August 15, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The ICT Operations Branch provides ICT support and underpinning infrastructure services to the department and the Ministers’ Offices, ensuring all staff in the department and MOs have access to stable and secure technology. The ICT Network & Data Centre Management section falls within the ICT Operations Branch. The Data Centre Management Team is responsible for the management of all data centres, server hosts and virtualisation, along with storage, backup and restore capability. The team is also responsible for providing after hours on-call support for our infrastructure. The work will require the implementation and management of the Department’s backup solution (VEEAM) and the continuous improvement of our backup solution to ensure it complies with the Essential Eight Cyber Security criteria.
1. Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the design, administration, tuning and troubleshooting of:
•Veeam Backup and Recovery v10+
•Veeam Enterprise Manager
•SQL application-aware backups
•NetApp Storage Grid
2. •NetApp E-Series Storage •HPE StoreOnce Storage •HPE BladeSystems, Synergy and OneView •Brocade Fabric Switching •Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) •Tape library management
3. An understanding of security directives such as the Essential Eight Maturity Model and Australian Government Information Security Manual.
4. Proven ability to analyse and solve issues in a complex virtualized environment.
5. Experience/Knowledge of VMWare technologies including: •VMware vSphere 6.7 •vRealize Automation •vRealize Operations •vRealize Log Insight
6. Ability to produce documentation for processes and procedures.
7. Capacity to undertake a high level of rigorous, independent analytical thinking.
8. Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills to work with skilled technical people, including making presentations to staff and stakeholders and coaching staff.
9. An understanding of contemporary ICT delivery approaches and technologies, such as agile, DevOps, cloud and artificial intelligence.
10. Ability to present technical and analytical information in plain English.
1. Experience in leading organisational change.
Must Have current baseline clearance
2 x 12 months