Senior Business Analyst
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Thursday, January 27, 2022
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment is undertaking a number of projects to streamline and accelerate digital transformation for Australia's primary industries. Many of our existing services are being redesigned with an aim to improve the human experience.
Our department is looking for an experienced Senior Business Analyst with a passion for making government products and services better for the Australian community. This person should have demonstrated proficiency in a wide range of business analysis skills and techniques. Ideally this person will have several years of experience as a business analyst and be able to plan, supervise or lead others where necessary.
•Extensive experience using multiple business analysis techniques and skills from various methodologies
•Ability to choose and apply techniques that will provide the most value for any given situation/project
•Excellent at facilitating collaboration between all project stakeholders, including designing and leading workshops
•Ability to independently seek out and engage stakeholders, establishing and nurturing productive relationships
•Excellent creative problem-solving skills
•Experience with Agile and Iterative Development
•Work independently in complex situations with a pragmatic approach to allocated work, demonstrating commitment to project outcomes
•Demonstrated ability to produce high quality, concise, easy to read and relevant architecture and analysis documentation for digital services An added bonus
•Experience in guiding projects on the adoption of the Australian Government’s Digital Service Standard and the principles behind human-centred design
•Experience in data analysis, modelling and/or projects related to the management of scientific and/or statistical data. Experience using Microsoft Power BI would be beneficial. Part of the role includes contributing to our departments centralised business analysis and service design resource, known as the BA Centre. Work tasks include:
•Supporting strategic business engagement and project initiation
•Pre-project analysis and discovery
•Project change management
•Contributing to capability uplift
•Progressing the department’s ICT strategy and Enterprise Architecture Preferred candidates will be required to complete pre-employment screening, including a national police check and misconduct screening. Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility is checked as part of the recruitment process.
1. (Please note your response can include answers to multiple selection criteria.)
Please provide a summary of your work experience as a business analyst, particularly your knowledge of various techniques and methodologies and how you have successfully applied these throughout your career.
2. What is your experience in facilitation and collaboration? Please provide some examples of how you have designed, lead, and/or facilitated various workshops or knowledge-share activities with stakeholders to ensure a positive and productive outcome.
3. Describe your experience in producing high quality, concise, easy to read and relevant architecture and analysis documentation. What kinds of documentation or artefacts have you created and how were they received by your stakeholders?
4. What is your experience working independently in complex situations, where you’ve had to learn things quickly and use creative problem-solving?
5. What is your experience in the capability uplift of others? This could include training, coaching, paired learning and/or participating in activities that promote upskilling and continuous improvement.
1. Demonstrated experience working within the Australian Public Service framework at a federal level.
2. Experience with data analytics, including data modelling and data management.
3. Experience in guiding projects on the adoption of the Australian Government’s Digital Service Standard and the principles behind human-centred design.
Ability to Obtain baseline clearance
2 x 12 month options to extend