Jobs/Senior Business Analyst
Agency / Department
The Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$105 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (DISER) strives to encourage the sustainable growth of Australian industries including the delivery of a national innovation system to drive knowledge creation, international competitiveness and greater productivity. Our staff are committed to developing policies and delivering programs, in partnership with stakeholders, to provide lasting economic benefits based on principles of social justice and equity for all Australians.
The Division provides a range of enabling services and operations delivery to the department and to Australian businesses. CIO Group are seeking an experienced and motivated Business Analyst to assist across the Department in the Implementation of Servicenow ITSM platform.
The CIO Group has adopted Lean Portfolio Management processes to prioritise and allocate work across teams. Portfolio Management may also afford you the opportunity to work across other priority work within the division.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience in delivering under an Agile methodology, or proven ability to quickly adapt to and successfully deliver outcomes in a new methodology
- Facilitate workshops, including those to identify business needs, monitor and collate data and identify competing demands
- Elicit and document the detailed IT business requirements including those that specify the changes to processes, systems, people and information
- Capture and analysis of data related requirements & produce deliverables in accordance with the project schedule
- Achieve agreement and the formal sign-off of requirements by stakeholders and governance groups as required
- Construct documentation to support the requirements definition, eg requirements specifications, process maps, service design artefacts, functional and non-functional requirements, change management implications, data and reporting considerations
- Conduct stakeholder engagement activities to develop the requirements and desired outcomes Desired skills and experience
- Provide guidance on solution capabilities and constraints available related to the implementation of Servicenow OR
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience working with and implementing other ITSM platforms for Government.
- Experience developing business scenarios, process maps, data models and use cases
- Experience in developing User Stories and acceptance criteria for developers
- Experience working on complex digital projects in an Agile environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Relevant experience in implementing Information Technology Service Management
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Two x 12 month options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate