Jobs/Senior Engineer: Compute & Storage
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$150 per hour***
New South Wales
As a Senior Engineer, you will be required to:
- Perform daily monitoring and health checks of SAN Infrastructure components for failure or deviation from normal operating thresholds.
- Perform daily monitoring and health checks system backups and check for failures or deviation from normal operating thresholds.
- Analyse and resolve complex hardware and software issues associated with storage & server platforms including NetApp, HPE, HDS and others.
- Assist with on-premise & cloud upgrades, security settings, system implementation, performance monitoring and problem solving for complex environments
- ITSM ticket systems (Remedy) to review root cause of incidents and work with appropriate resources to ensure continuous improvements of technology environment and products.
- Monitor performance and provide tuning optimizations based upon the use of native and third-party monitoring tools.
- Maintain data from a capacity, performance, and inventory perspective to provide data for trend analysis as needed.
- Life cycle management of infrastructure software & quarterly patch management. Working in conjunction with VMware, Server, DBA, and Network teams to schedule patches, upgrades, and firmware modifications to minimize impact to the business.
- Perform after-hours support in an on-call rotation schedule as required.
- Review, approve and schedule changes requests and maintenance activities.
- The selection criteria include the qualifications, experience and capabilities required for the role. Your application will be reviewed based on ability to demonstrate, or potential to develop, the capabilities required.
- 5+ years' experience administering NetApp (CDOT), HPE infrastructure (OneView), Windows environment to include Active Directory, ADFS, Windows Server (2012 & 2016)
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate