Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Thursday, October 21, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$125 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
About the Team The ICT Operations Branch provides ICT support and underpinning infrastructure services to the Department and the Ministers’ Offices, ensuring all staff in the department and MOs have access to stable and secure services. The ICT Network & Infrastructure Operations section falls within the ICT Operations Branch. The Infrastructure Operations Team is responsible for the management of all Data Centres, hypervisors and virtualisation technologies including automation and monitoring, along with storage systems, backup and restore capability. The Role We are seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer who has experience working in large complex ICT environments. The Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for designing, planning, deploying and administering the Department’s compute and virtualization technologies. The Engineer will be knowledgeable of new and emerging technologies to shape the future direction of the Department’s compute and virtualized environment.
1. Demonstrated experience and knowledge in design, administration and troubleshooting of the following systems:
•HPE Apollo Servers
•HPE c7000 Enclosures, Interconnects, OAs and Blades
•HPE Synergy Frames and Synergy Blades
•HPE DL Servers
2. Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the design, administration and troubleshooting of VMware vSphere and vRealize products such as: •VMware vCenters •VMware ESXi Servers •vRealize Operations •Log Insight •vCloud Foundation
3. Demonstrated scripting and coding experience and knowledge in: •PowerShell •PowerCLI
4. Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills to work with skilled technical people, including making presentations to staff and stakeholders and coaching staff.
5. Ability to produce documentation for processes and procedures.
1. Experience and knowledge of the following technologies:
•Dell PowerScale Storage System
•NetApp E-Series Storage System
Must Have current baseline clearance
2 x 12 months