Jobs/Senior Interaction Designer
Agency / Department
Digital Transformation Agency
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Digital Transformation Agency is seeking a Senior Interaction Designer to join the Digital Service Standard team. Your work in the team will make a difference in the way the APS designs and delivers government services to the Australian public. As the Senior Interaction Designer, you will be an expert practitioner who will be for the team.
The Senior Interaction Designer will work in a multidisciplinary team to build world class government products and services. You will be helping government do the hard work to radically improve government information and services.
This is for everyone: you will design to make services easy for everyone to be able to understand and use, with a focus on web standards, usability, and accessibility. As a Senior Interaction Designer will have extensive experience working in Agile and, ideally, experience with the Digital Service Standard.
You will be working with a multidisciplinary team to help to design and prototype products and services that are easy to use and accessible. You will work collaboratively and involve other people from your team in the design process and ensure that user needs are understood and considered in all the decisions the team is making.
- Demonstrate a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a successful interaction designer.
- Demonstrated ability and experience designing and delivering high quality design for digital products and services.
- Demonstrated ability to deeply understand the user experience and translate data and findings to improve a digital product or service.
- Demonstrated experience creating low to high-fidelity prototypes and artefacts that effectively support product decisions.
- Demonstrated experience creating design hypotheses to improve products and services, and working with team members to run design experiments.
- Demonstrated experience working in a multidisciplinary, digital delivery team, using agile methods.
- Demonstrated experience designing and delivering high quality designs for print products and services.
- Knowledge of the methodology used by the DTA, familiarity with the research and design community within DTA and the APS.
- Experience in applying the Australian Government’s Digital Service Standard and Service Design and Delivery Process to the design and delivery of products and services.
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
One x 6 month extension
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate