Jobs/Senior Network Engineer - Cloud
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$130 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
The CIO Group is an exciting, fast-paced team that drives the digital agenda for the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources. The Group leads the department’s digital agenda by partnering with our stakeholders to co-design digital experiences, making it simpler to innovate, collaborate and communicate, and continue to evolve digital services using leading edge technology and smart design. The Networks team provides support and maintenance of our Networks (cloud and on-premises), Voice and Video systems and associated infrastructure in our data centres and state/regional offices.
1. Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the design, administration, tuning and troubleshooting of:
• Implementing and troubleshooting Azure networks
• Firewalls (Palo Alto, Cisco, Fortinet)
• Cisco Routing and Switching technologies including: BGP, DMVPN, GRE, IPSEC, 802.1q, VRF, EIGRP, HSRP, ACLs, Port Security, AAA • Load Balancing (Citrix NetScaler, F5)
• VPN Technologies (Citrix Access Gateway, Microsoft)
• Cisco Wireless Technologies (Cisco 9800 series Wireless LAN Controllers, Cisco 3802i Access Points) • Experience with working with: VMware, Windows, Linux
2. Experience with various technologies including: LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, IPSEC/SSL VPNs, Voice/Video, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, SMTP, HTTP/S
3. Proven ability to analyse and solve issues in a complex environment
4. Ability to produce clear documentation for processes and procedures from a high level design to detailed network topology.
5. Capacity to undertake a high level of rigorous, independent analytical thinking
6. Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills to work with skilled technical people, including making presentations to staff and stakeholders and coaching staff
Must have current baseline clearance
2 x 12 months
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate