Jobs/Senior Pega Developer
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
An exciting opportunity is available to be part of an award-winning multi-year initiative to modernise IP Australia’s core business systems.
At IP Australia you will play an important role in the Patents Modernisation Initiative which is at the forefront of digital transformation through agile delivery and following DevOps approaches.
This role will work within multi-discipline delivery teams, following agile principles to develop IT systems supporting business. Working closely with solution architects and other technical specialists the role will support design, development and deployment activities.
Under the direction of the Delivery Manager, Solution Architects and Technical Lead, this role will:
• Design, develop and deploy Pega business process management (BPM) software that provides IP Rights processing capabilities for IP Australia’s workforce,
• Work with Business Analysts and End Users to translate agile user stories and acceptance criteria into technical designs for iterative implementation and deployment,
• Integrate Pega software with a modern web application, web services and databases (such as Vue.js, MuleSoft and Oracle DB).
• Troubleshoot application issues, coding bugs, and bottlenecks.
• Collaborate and mentor team members to promote team harmony and support cross-skilling professional development,
• Instil a culture of learning, collaboration, and continuous improvement in a team environment,
• Work with the delivery manager and team to support an agile delivery model, and
• Undertake additional duties as required Applicants must be highly motivated with a strong work ethic and able to work effectively in a multi-discipline team. They must support and contribute to a highly collaborative culture where team members work closely to deliver quality outcomes.
1. Demonstrated experience over multiple years in the design, development and deployment of enterprise-level Pega applications
2. Demonstrated experience integrating Pega software with web services, business databases, and/or a modern web application.
3. Demonstrated experience delivering solutions using agile values and practices supported by ICT system design practices and tools.
4. Demonstrated experience working effectively and collaboratively in multi-discipline development teams.
1. Demonstrated experience in or knowledge of the following:
• MuleSoft (or similar integration platform)
• Vue.js, ES6 and Typescript
• Containerisation (OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker).
2. Demonstrated experience working with data storage technologies such as Elastic Search or Oracle DB.
3. Pega System Architect Certification (PCSA, PCSSA, PCLSA)
IP Australia ENTRY ONLY must be obtained prior to the start date. No Permanent resident (PR’s) can apply for the role, each candidate must be Australia Citizens
31 July 2025
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate