Jobs/Senior Software Engineer
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$130 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
***Important, Please read attached cover letter***
Digital Earth Australia is looking for an energetic and capable developer to help lead development of the Open Data Cube (https://www.opendatacube.org/).
Digital Earth Australia uses the Open Data Cube to deliver a unique capability to process, interrogate, and present Earth observation satellite data in response to these issues.
The successful applicant of this role will work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment to innovate and deliver near earth observation derived solutions to both international and domestic users.
Responsibilities will include:
• Contributing code, reviewing pull requests and submitting issues to a variety of open source geospatial Python projects.
• Leading the design and implementation of new Open Data Cube features, in consultation with internal and external stakeholders.
• Building scientific data workflows in AWS, transforming petabytes of earth observation data.
1. Demonstrated ability to apply advanced Python programming knowledge to achieve high quality software solutions.
2. Experience in design, development, and testing of software applications for the delivery of robust solutions on Linux platforms.
3. Ability to communicate and collaborate with team members and stakeholders whose backgrounds range from fellow software developers to senior executives and remote sensing scientists.
4. Demonstrated flexibility, client-focused attitude, and ability to adapt to team-work culture and environment
5. Experience with data processing for scientific purposes.
1. Geospatial application design and development.
2. High Performance Computing, highly parallelized workflows and/or working with large amounts of data.
3. Working with cloud infrastructure, Docker and or Kubernetes.
Ability to Obtain baseline clearance
Possible contract extension
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate