Senior Solution Architect
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Wednesday, August 4, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$140 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Foreign Investment Division of Treasury is delivering a multi-year, Strategic Business Transformation program and Foreign Investment Digital Transformation program.
The program seeks to streamline and modernise business systems and processes and reduce the administrative and regulatory burdens of the agency and external parties.
The Major IT Projects Branch is seeking the services of an experienced Enterprise Architect to join the team and take on a senior role in the program and become a technical solution lead for several multi-disciplinary teams.
Treasury is seeking one candidate initially; however additional candidates may be hired from this process. Responses will be valid for 60 days from marketplace closing date.
This role is based in Canberra and requires a high degree of face-to-face contact. Flexible working will be negotiated, however this role is not suitable for remote working
As an experienced Senior Solution Architect, you will undertake the following activities:
• Adapt quickly to the agency's environment and add value by engaging with business users and colleagues to deliver a range of high-quality artefacts.
• Become a Subject matter expert for the proposed and emerging solutions this program is seeking to deliver
• Provide technical and strategic advice to Treasury executive and program stakeholders more broadly
• Propose and design fit-for purpose technical solutions for the programme’s suite of functional and non-functional requirements
• Represent the Program at key governance meetings such as Architecture Design Authorities, Technical Design Authority and others as required.
• Participate and become a trusted advisor in Program and Project delivery forums
• Identify system, infrastructure and project interdependencies and balance competing demands to ensure project deliverables are achieved.
1. Experience designing and delivering solutions using a range of Microsoft technologies including Azure
2. 5+ years of recent experience as an Enterprise or Solution Architect, preferably within federal government department delivering large, multiagency solutions including API/Services Oriented Architecture components.
3. Demonstrated experience applying Information Security concepts and best practises including the Australian Signals Directorate Information Security Manual (ISM) and Protective Security Policy Framework
4. Proven ability to liaise with a range of business and technical stakeholders confidently, communicate with influence, negotiate outcomes, and manage complex stakeholder relationships
1. Demonstrated experience working within an Agile (Scrum) SAFe Multi-Disciplinary team with minimum direction.
2. Experience using Azure Devops or similar products for Collaboration or Continuous Integration\Continuous Deployment
3. Demonstrated experience in designing and configuring Azure IaaS components, Azure data and advanced analytics services and solutions
4. Relevant industry training or certifications on related methodologies, such as Enterprise Architecture Methodologies (e.g. TOGAF )
5. Skills or demonstrated practical hands-on experience working with specific technologies or within technology domains that could be of assistance to a multi-disciplinary delivery team
6. Strong consultative and group facilitation skills where code sign is required
Must Have current baseline clearance