Agency / Department
Australian Electoral Commission
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$90 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Australian Electrol Commission is seeking experienced tester to join their team
The ideal candidate should be able to hit the ground running and deliver on tight time frames. They should also possess the ability to communicate well and work with geographically separated stakeholders.
The Senior Tester/Test Lead is required to:
- Manage and implement the test and assurance process for the Senate scanning project, including developing and implementing test plans
- Engaging with development teams to understand the scope of product releases and understand acceptance criteria based on business objectives, functional requirements and service level requirements
- Develop test plans, test scenarios and/or test scripts in Azure Dev Ops (TFS) for a specific release in a .NET application, integrated with SharePoint and Mainframe applications
- Coordinate a test team as necessary • Derive and produce detailed test cases, associated test data from detailed requirements and execute test cases.
- Document results of test cases – there will be a strong emphasis on the accurate and thorough reporting of all results • Coordination of testing tasks, resolution and/or escalation of issues impacting testing progress. Monitor testing to ensure adherence to test standards, service level requirements and deadlines
- Coordinate, manage UAT/ End to End testing multiple platforms, including vendor and AEC systems
- Produce Test Summary reports and/or test assurance documentation as required
- Manage the resolution of all defects raised, and escalate and track defects in Azure Dev Ops (TFS)
- SQL and Database testing – Proficient with querying
- API Testing (Swagger)
- Demonstrated 5+ years experience as a Software Tester with 3+ years leadership experience within an enterprise application development environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills including the ability to liaise and negotiate with business and technical personnel
- Well-developed testing skills, including the ability to write, review and execute complex manual test cases.
- Well-developed experience in defect management using industry-standard tools such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), as Microsoft Test Manager, Jira and Azure DevOps.
- Strong experience testing highly integrated applications across multiple platforms with strong focus on Backend API (Swagger) testing / interface: REST, JSON, XML.
- Relevant qualifications and / or industry certification
Must have current baseline clearance
One x 3 months
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate