Jobs/Senior Visual Designer
Agency / Department
Digital Transformation Agency
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Digital Profession Branch requires an enthusiastic and proactive Senior Visual Designer to design and develop assets for events, communities, engagement, and communications across a range of media including web, print, and video.
This role will suit a highly motivated designer looking to develop their creative skills and make their mark with a newly created and strategic brand.
As part of the Members and Communities team, the successful applicant will support the Content and Digital Lead and Team Lead to:
- produce high quality, on-brand work including graphic design, photography, video and audio
- manage and apply the Digital Profession brand to designs in different contexts including merchandise, banners, event collateral, and graphics for social media, print and web
- support the ongoing development and enhancement of the Digital Profession brand
- collaborate with designers, writers, user researchers, developers and communications specialists to make sure all content is on brand
- provide technical support for the delivery of high-quality outsourced products from external partners
- provide design support across the Digital Profession Branch
- maintain accessibility standards to WCAG 2.1 (AA) in all design work.
- The DTA is primarily a PC environment. We will consider the use of BYOD for the successful candidate
- We will assess candidates through resumes, responses to the selection criteria, interviews, references and a portfolio of related work.
- Minimum 5 years industry experience and a supporting portfolio of work.
- Strong communication skills to engage with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior executives, staff, external providers and members of the public who attend Digital Profession events.
- Demonstrated experience using the Adobe suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects, Acrobat, and Audition.
- Demonstrated experience producing marketing, event and merchandising products for events and other engagement activities including photography, video, audio and graphic design.
- A strong understanding of brand and a demonstrated ability to maintain a brand identity across a range of executions.
- An agile delivery capability according to agreed timelines, with the ability to take initiative and manage multiple competing priorities under limited direction.
- Experience producing audio content for podcasting.
- Experience producing video content for online hosting (YouTube, Vimeo etc.)
- Understanding of the Digital Service Standard and Australian Government Style Manual.
- The ability to understand the Australian Government Design System in the context of a brand architecture.
- Experience creating animated digital designs.
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
One x 3 month extension option
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate