Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Industry, Science, Energy, and Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
The Department of Industry, Science, Energy, and Resources is seeking a Service Designer to support ongoing major projects for the Corporate and Digital Division.
- A hands-on practitioner with demonstrated experience undertaking and overseeing research activities to map the current state of services, and the customer experience (including back end systems and processes), and effectively communicating insights through visual artefacts and story-telling.
- An influential communicator experienced in leading co-design and collaborative workshops with various stakeholders, and a proven ability to break down barriers and effect change - facilitating consensus for decision-making, and instilling creative confidence for generation, evaluation, and refinement of diverse ideas. Outstanding oral and written communication skills are vital.
- Experience aligning teams to strategic priorities including developing future state value propositions, business models, and service principles, and undertaking change management strategies to ensure adoption of desired processes and behaviours.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of human factors with relevant experience in Human Centred Design, and managing bias within research.
- Tertiary Qualifications in a design related discipline (User Research, Design, Psychology, Anthropology, etc.), or substantial experience and in leading, coordinating and facilitating research and design activities.
- A demonstrated deep understanding and experience of the DTA Service Design and Delivery Process; the DTA Digital Service Standard; agile ways of working and scaled agile practices.
- Experience working within an IT delivery team
- Data analysis capability
- Visual design or communication experience
Ability to obtain a baseline clearance
2 x 12 month extension options
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate