Agency / Department
Department of Industry, Science, Energy, and Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Department of Industry, Science, Energy, and Resources is seeking a Service Designer to support ongoing major projects for the Corporate and Digital Division.
The Service Designer will work in collaboration with the Service Experience Section in undertaking user research, systems mapping, and design and delivery of innovative services. The Service Designer will be responsible for driving a human-centric and holistic approach to service delivery, with a focus on aligning customer, business, and technology needs to deliver effective digital services and delightful customer experiences. This is an opportunity to play an integral part in the transformation of government services to deliver fast, simple and user-centric services for government and the public.
The successful candidate will have the skills and relevant work experience to deliver design and research activities, and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement. The candidate will require the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary agile team, and be able to communicate effectively and manage relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders; including team members, product owners and executives.
The Department is seeking self-driven, curious individuals with a keen desire to learn, adapt, and make continuous improvement; being committed to seeing things through and delivering on key results and objectives. The Service Designer will have experience in overseeing and participating in research activities, generating insights into the current state of services and the user experience, and effectively using qualitative and quantitative data to drive improvements. They will be experienced in generating journey maps, service blueprints, service models, and clearly articulating actionable insights and opportunities for service and experience improvement.
- A hands-on practitioner with demonstrated experience undertaking and overseeing research activities to map the current state of services, and the customer experience (including back end systems and processes), and effectively communicating insights through visual artefacts and story-telling.
- An influential communicator experienced in leading co-design and collaborative workshops with various stakeholders, and a proven ability to break down barriers and effect change - facilitating consensus for decision-making, and instilling creative confidence for generation, evaluation, and refinement of diverse ideas. Outstanding oral and written communication skills are vital.
- Experience aligning teams to strategic priorities including developing future state value propositions, business models, and service principles, and undertaking change management strategies to ensure adoption of desired processes and behaviours.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of human factors with relevant experience in Human Centred Design, and managing bias within research.
- Tertiary Qualifications in a design related discipline (User Research, Design, Psychology, Anthropology, etc.), or substantial experience and in leading, coordinating and facilitating research and design activities.
- A demonstrated deep understanding and experience of the DTA Service Design and Delivery Process; the DTA Digital Service Standard; agile ways of working and scaled agile practices.
- Experience working within an IT delivery team
- Data analysis capability
- Visual design or communication experience
Ability to obtain a baseline clearance
2 x 12 month extension options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate